Harley Street Acupuncture is an acupuncture clinic based on Harley Street in London.
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning. This is done by inserting needles and applying heat or electrical stimulation at very precise acupuncture points.
Acupuncture is a very old medical art, and there are many approaches to learning and practicing it. Acupuncture is the term used to describe acupuncture performed by a doctor, like Dr Gagua, trained and licensed in Western medicine that has also had thorough training in acupuncture as a specialty practice. Dr Gagua can use one or the other approach, or a combination of both as the need arises, to treat an illness.
Acupuncture is a system which can influence three areas of health care:
• promotion of health and well-being,
• prevention of illness,
• treatment of various medical conditions.
While acupuncture is often associated with pain control, in the hands of a well-trained practitioner it has much broader applications. Acupuncture can be effective as the only treatment used, or as the support or adjunct to other medical treatment forms in many disorders .The World Health Organization recognizes the use of acupuncture in the treatment of a wide range of medical problems, including:
• Pain relief
• Digestive disorders: gastritis and peptic ulcer ,chronic pancreatitis irritable bowel syndrom constipation, diarrhoea.
• Respiratory disorders: sinusitis, sore throat, bronchitis, asthma, recurrent chest infections.
• Neurological and muscular disorders: headaches, facial tics, trigeminal neuralgia ,low back pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis, frozen shoulder, various forms of tendinitis, osteoarthritis.
• Urinary, menstrual, and reproductive problems.
• Skin disorders
• Weigh problems
Harley Street Acupuncture
Dr Olga Gagua
117A Harley Street, London, W1G 6AT, Tel: 08454748685
Dr Olga Gagua MD-Member of the British Acupuncture Society and British Pain Society
The areas covered are Mayfair, Marylebone, Regent’s park, Bloomsbury,
St James, Westminster, Kensington, Soho, Holborn and any other London areas.